Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Welcome

Welcome to the wide world of sports, sportsology style. I figure this would be a good time to get all my biases out there so here we go (with little rhyme or reason):

  • I go to Drexel University, so I'm a big fan of the "mid-majors" in college sports.
  • Steve Nash is my favorite basketball player.
  • I'm from Hampton Roads, VA, so I might be a little overprotective of our hometown guys (i.e. Allen Iverson, Michael Vick, not so much Marcus Vick). Be prepared to read about our guys.
  • Although the Sports Guy is my favorite sportswriter, his support of Boston teams at all costs makes all Boston teams intolerable to me. I especially hate the Patriots and the Boston Yankees.
  • I'm a young dude, so I feel like I can relate to the athletes and I will defend an athlete a lot of times when most sports writers are bashing him.
  • I think rankings are cool, but I think a good computer rankings system is often superior to biased human polls.
  • I'm a big fan of my dad, even though he thinks he knows more about sports than me. He's very biased towards his left coast teams. Be prepared to read about him and his predictions. For 2007 I'm 0-2 against him (Ohio State's L against Florida and Michigan's L against USC)
  • I love post game tirades and the guys who give me things to laugh about on Youtube. (Sgt. Kellen Winslow's rant is my all-time fav.)
  • I think not having a playoff in college football adds to the excitement of the sports regular season.

That's all I can think of for now. Feel free to call me out at anytime.

No comments: